Exercising doesn’t have to be a high-cardio session or a sweat-filled weight lifting experience. Approaching your health from a fitness point of view just has to include activity, and the more variety you have, the more likely it is that you’ll actually look forward to physical activity. So, to first lay the foundation for an active life let’s go over the benefits of exercise below and how it can improve several areas of your life.
- Getting the most obvious benefit out of the way, being active is a surefire way to reduce weight or maintain a healthy weight. Moving burns calories, even the most casual type of movement burns calories so you’re sure to get that benefit no matter what your mobility or physical condition.
- Regular physical activity will help you mange or greatly reduce the risk of contracting various health conditions and diseases. A few examples of these disorders and diseases are: type 2 diabetes, depression, heart disease, certain types of cancer, osteoporosis, stroke and arthritis.
- As mentioned in the above point, exercising is a form of treatment for depression, it also helps to get you feeling happier and more relaxed. Various brain chemicals are released by exercise that lifts your spirit and gives you a more positive outlook.
- Once you get over the fact that you don’t always feel like you have the energy to be active, you can embrace the reality that after exercising (especially when providing your body with the appropriate fuel) you will feel more energetic. As well, you’ll have a long-term flow of energy when you are increasing your heart rate on a daily basis.
- Have trouble sleeping? Exercise to the rescue! Getting active regularly promotes a quicker and deeper sleep when completed at least 4-5 hours before bedtime.
- Here’s the relationship booster: regular physical activity promotes a happier sex life. Various aspects come into play for this benefit. The energy boost will get you feeling in the mood and all those feel good hormones released during exercise (endorphins, dopamine, adrenaline, and serotonin) work synergistically to make you feel happy and confident which relates to an increased libido.
- Of course there’s the buff, toned body and greater range of motion that you’ll enjoy all throughout the day